The Sport Conference
The purpose of The Sport Conference is to provide an affordable opportunity for coaches, athletes, parents, and sport administrators to exchange ideas with University of Alberta academics, coaches and graduate students in an interactive format.
|May 31||Evening Social and Keynote: Coaching: When it is Life or Death|
|June 1||Athlete Health|
|June 2||Performance Sport|
|June 3||Developing Young Athletes|
|June 4||Sport Technical: Basketball, Volleyball, Football, Soccer, Rugby and more|
The Sport Conference is designed to present, discuss and challenge thinking on a broad range of sport issues. The Sport Conference is built around interesting questions, with knowledgeable individuals debating the evidence (or lack thereof), and engaging with the sport community.
The Sport Conference features presentations by academic staff from every University of Alberta Faculty. Over 80 individuals have agreed to lead sessions. More detailed information will be available in January. Examples include:
- Dr. Nick Holt - Positive Youth Development Through Sport
- Dr. Brian Maraj - Learning
- Dr. Marvin Washington - Leadership in sport
- Dr. Derek Truscott - Communication Strategies for Effective Coaching
- Dr. Amber Mosewich - Sport Psychology
- Dr. Chris de Gara - Coaching: When it IS Life or Death
- Dr. Danielle Peers - Para Sport
- Dr. Jim Denison - Sport and Society
- Golden Bears and Pandas Head Coaches - Sport Technical
Cost: $60 / day (prior to April 1); $75 / day after April 1 $150 / unlimited access (prior to April 1); $180 after April 1.
TO REGISTER: ualberta.imodules.com/sport.conference
All events hosted in the Van Vliet Complex on the main campus of the University of Alberta.
For more information contact Stacey Wickman - Stacey.firstname.lastname@example.org