Emergency Action Plan
EMERGENCY ACTION PLAN
Willow Creek Composite High School 628 - 55th Ave West 403-625-3387
1) First Aid Kit and ice at the score table in the gymnasium. AED is located on the wall immediately outside the main entrance to the gymnasium.
2) Cell phone at the score table. Land line inside the main office on the counter.
3) Ambulance 9-1-1. Hospital 403-682-3700.
4) Enter main door of school (by flag pole). Gym is directly west once you have entered.
5) See attached google maps for best route to hospital.
When an injury occurs:
1) Take control of the situation. Exercise universal precaution related to blood/body fluids.
2) Do not move the student if they cannot move themselves. Do not remove uniform unless deemed necessary.
3) Assess and evaluate the severity of the situation and decide if further assistance is required
4) If an ambulance is required, then determine the action required to remove the athlete form the playing surface.
5) If an ambulance is called: direct one person to call the ambulance and give the pertinent information to them. Include location, address and extent of injury. Ask person to report back with an ETA.
6) Remain with injured student and address any concerns they have while awaiting medical attention.
7) Do not give food or drink to injured athlete unless required because of existing medical conditions (ex. Diabetes).
8) Stay calm and reassuring.
9) Once ambulance arrives explain situation and what has been done for the injured athlete.
10) Designate an adult to accompany the injured athlete to the hospital.
11) Parent/guardians of the injured athlete should must be contacted as soon as possible following the injury.
12) Complete the attached incident/accident report form and return it to the tournament organizer/administration.
PROTOCOL IN EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY
1) Call Ambulance or Fire Department 9-1-1.
2) Willow Creek Composite High School 628 55th Ave West (in gym).
3) Indicate location and nature of injury.
4) Report to coach/Administrator.
5) Meet Ambulance.
6) Attachments: Map of school location to hospital & Accident report form.