EMERGENCY ACTION PLAN
Emergency Action Plan
Please follow and respect the policies and procedures of all Emergency Action Plans (EAP) that will be present at each score table at all facilities. While the Organizing Committee will do everything possible to prevent injuries and accidents at the school, there is still potential for serious accident and injury in any athletic event. If a serious injury occurs, time becomes critical. Subsequently, the implementation of the designated EAP must be adhered to while in attendance at any ASAA 4A Girls and Boys Basketball Provincials.
Person in Charge:
- Facility Manager in Charge or Designate.
- Assess injury status of a player (particularly head and/or spinal injuries).
- If an ambulance and paramedics are required the Person in Charge will notify the Call Person to call 911.
- This person will take control of an emergency situation until a medical authority arrives.
- Document the events of the accident and file a written report if necessary.
- Call Person (Teacher supervisor or Teacher at score table) is responsible for making the 911 telephone call. Teacher supervisors and Teacher at score table are required to have a cell phone on their person while attending an athletic event.
- Stay in constant communication with the medical provider and the Person in Charge.
- After disconnecting with EMERGENCY SERVICES the Call Person MUST contact the Tournament Chair. Tournament Chair is responsible for having his/her cell phone number available to the call person.
- Assist the Person in Charge with the filing of Accident Report if requested.
- The Teacher supervisor and/or other Teachers at the score table are responsible for controlling the crowd and other participants.
- After the area is secured and controlled, they will act as the guide for emergency personnel outside of the building to ensure expedient access to the victim.
- Seek highly trained medical personnel in the building if the Person in Charge believes the injury is serious and cannot wait for emergency assistance to arrive.
- In consultation with the Person in Charge, Tournament Chair (If necessary) and game Officials the continuation of play will be determined.