Emergency Action Plan
Emergency Action Plan
EMERGENCY ACTION PLAN (EAP)
Please follow and respect the policies and procedures of this Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
While Medicine Hat High School does everything possible to prevent injuries and accidents at the school, there is still potential for serious accident and injury in any athletic event. If a serious injury occurs, time becomes critical. Subsequently, the implementation of this EAP must be adhered to while in attendance at Medicine Hat High School events.
Person in Charge:
* Administrator in Charge……………..Boris Grisonich
* Tournament Chairs…………………..Boris Grisonich, Scott Howes
* MHHS Teacher Supervisors…………Al Thompson, Sue Withers
First person on scene of accident:
* Assess injury status of a player (particularly head and/or spinal injuries).
* Contact Person in Charge as soon as possible.
*If an ambulance and paramedics are required, the Person in Charge will call 911 if he/she deems it necessary and it hasn’t been done yet.
Venue addresses for notification of Ambulance:
Medicine Hat High School
200 7th Street S.W.
Medicine Hat, AB T1A 4K1
Phone : 403-527-3371
remain in phone contact as instructed by 911 operator until paramedics arrive
Person in Charge
* will take control of an emergency situation until a medical authority arrives.
* will document the events of the accident and file a written report if necessary.
Contacting Medical Services (911):
Person in Charge (the Administrator or Teacher supervisor or Teacher at score table) is responsible for making the 911 telephone call.
*Teacher supervisors and Teacher at score table are required to have a cell phone on their person while attending an athletic event while at MHHS or CHHS.
* Person in charge will stay in constant communication with the medical provider
* Person in Charge will contact Tournament Chair.
* Tournament Chair is responsible for having his/her cell phone number available to the call Person in Charge.
* Tournament Chair will assist the Person in Charge with the filing of Accident Report if requested.
* The Teacher supervisor and/or other Teachers at the score table are responsible for securing the area and controlling the crowd and other participants.
* After the area is secured and controlled, the Teacher supervisor will act as the guide for emergency personnel outside of the building to ensure expedient access to the victim.
* Seek highly trained medical personnel in the building if the Person in Charge believes the injury is serious and cannot wait for emergency assistance to arrive.
Continuation of Play:
* In consultation with the Person in Charge, Tournament Chair (if necessary) and game Officials, the continuation of play will be determined.