Track & Field
Modifications to Season
It is still too early to speculate on whether or not Spring championships will proceed as normal or with modifications to format and/or season. The ASAA board has granted the Executive Committee the authority (with majority zone approval) to modify seasons of play and they reserve the right to adjust the season as needed.
Modifications to Event Format
Track & Field is such a diverse event, it can be a challenge to provide a universal set of guidelines that apply to all events. Each unique event will present it’s own opportunities and challenges
In-School Safety Protocols
- sanitize all shared equipment (implements) between each use
- coaches should practice physical distancing/wear a mask wherever possible.
- Athletes not in competition/in training should maintain a 2m seperation from one another wherever possible.
Strategies to stay engaged in Track & Field in your school
- Organize/participate in local fun runs.
- Organize in-school jump-offs or other events
- In-school participation based multi-event competitions to engage a broader audience from your school.