Modifications to Season
The ASAA board has granted the Executive Committee the authority (with majority zone approval) to modify seasons of play. As per the ASAA’s August 13th release, all fall championships including Volleyball have been postponed until a point where GoA guidelines permit them.
On November 20th it was announced that the 2020 Volleyball Provincial Championship was cancelled.
Modifications to Event Format
In a survey to ASAA member schools and coaches, the mandate was clear that our membership does not want to see wholesale changes to any sports. However in the context of Volleyball, the following minor adjustments will be considered at the provincial level.
- Limits on spectators attending provincial championship
- Limits on number of players/personnel who can be on the bench and travel with team.
- potential modification to number of teams attending provincials
- Potential modifications to tournament structure (ie pools, playoffs, etc…)
In-School Safety Protocols
- Avoid physical contact between points
- Provide sanitizer/wipes at the scorers table
- Have regularly scheduled ball changes and sanitize balls between use
- Other strategies as required.
Strategies to stay engaged in Volleyball in your school
- If interschool play is not an option due to provincial restrictions on travel, there is an opportunity to increase participation in volleyball by involving your teams (boys and girls, Jr & Sr) in intramural play at your school (provided cohort limits are followed).