The appeals process to the ASAA Executive Appeal Committee (EAC) is in place to provide an opportunity for member schools to appeal ASAA eligibility and other policies.
The following is a list of scheduled ASAA Appeal Hearing Dates.
|September 13, 2022||Virtual|
|October 11, 2022||Virtual|
|December 6, 2022||Virtual|
|April 13, 2023||Virtual|
|May 23, 2023||Virtual|
The deadline for submitting an appeal, and uploading all documents for that appeal, is one week prior to the appeal hearing date. The process for appealing an ASAA policy is located in the 2020/21 ASAA Policy Handbook. Dates are subject to change based on Appeals Committee Members availability.
Q. What is the process for submitting an appeal to the ASAA Executive Appeal Committee?
A. There are several key things to note:
- The member school must submit an appeal following the process outlined in the ASAA policy handbook. The process for appealing an ASAA policy is located in the 2020/21 ASAA Policy Handbook.
- All communication prior to the appeal hearing comes from the school that is appealing an ASAA policy; appeals are usually on behalf of a student regarding eligibility.
- The school must submit the required documents via the ASAA’s Online Appeal portal, which is located on the ASAA website and accessible only by the school Principal and Athletic Director.
- Please note that both the Letter of Appeal to the Executive Director and the Letter of Appeal to the EAC MUST be signed by school administration.
- The deadline for submitting an appeal, and uploading all documents for that appeal, is one week prior to the appeal hearing date.
Q. How much does it cost to submit an appeal?
A. The Notice of Appeal must be accompanied by a $300 fee of which $100 will be a non-refundable processing fee and $200 will be refunded if the appeal is upheld.
B. In the event that the applicant member wishes to proceed by special conference call meeting, the applicant member shall pay to the ASAA a deposit in the amount of $800 of which $300 is non-refundable if the appeal is successful. If you require an appeal to be heard outside any of these dates you may request a special conference call appeal.
Please contact the ASAA office for more information.