The playing rules used by the ASAA shall be those endorsed by World Rugby with the following clarifications:
- Any player who requires a permanent replacment due to injury shall not return to the match. A player may be temporarily replaced due to a blood injury, but must be returned immediately after the bleeding is controlled or covered. This must occur within 10 minutes (for shortened game) or 15 minutes (for 60+ minute game) from actual time of leaving the playing field or the replacement becomes permanent as an injury replacment.
- Should any player be ejected from a game due to dangerous play, that player is ineligible to paritipate in the remainder of the provincial tournament. Should a player receive two yellow cards due to dangerous play in the provincal tournament, that player is ineligible for all subsequent games. Appeals of any cards must follow the guidelines set out in the tournament package.
- A team must begin a match with 15 players. During the match, a minimum of 13 players must be eligible to play at any time. This does not include temporary replacements for blood. If a team does not have enough players on the field, they forfeit the match.
- If a match goes to uncontested scrums and a team is deemed to have been at fault by the Grievance Committee, that team shall foreit the match.
- All players must wear mouth guards at all times. Any player without a mouth guard during the course of play will be removed from competition until a mouth guard is obtained.
- Length of Yellow Cards
- 40 minute games - 7 minute yellow card
- 60 minute games - 10 minute yellow card
The playing rules used by the ASAA shall be those endorsed by World Rugby for Rugby VII’s and U-19 play.
Each team participating in Rugby Provincials will pay an entry fee to cover the costs of the tournament.
The ASAA will work with the Rugby Alberta Minor Officials Association to provide officials for the Provincial Tournament.
All provincial championship games will use one on-field referee and two touch judges in each match.
Season of Play
The season of play for rugby shall be February 15 to the Provincial Championships on the first/second weekend in June. The Season of Play is not intended to include July and August. See SECTION V - ACTIVITIES, Item 3, for more information.
*Covid-19 changes to the season of play can be found under Covid-19 updates.
Uniforms: Protective equipment and any additional clothing, must conform to World Rugby laws. Players shall wear kit consisting of numbered jerseys, shorts and stocking colour that is uniform with that of their team. No duplication of numbers is allowed. All competitors are expected to dress in uniforms that are neat, clean and that maintain the integrity of the school’s name, colours and logo. Nos port club insignia on uniforms shall be permitted.
In the event of a clash, the host will provide jerseys to one team for the duration of the match. If a change in jersey is necessary, the lower ranked team will change jerseys.
Official ball: The official game ball will be a Gilbert Match size 5 ball.
There are currently no events available. Please try again later.
May 26, 2022
Watch ASAA Rugby 7’s Provincials on YouTube! Connect to the streams by visiting ASAALive YouTube Channel.
Want to view the game in person? Please read the Spectator Information under the championship webpage carefully. There will be rules for spectators, including capaticy, registration,...
- May 14, 2020
June 1, 2019
UPDATE 9:30am JUNE 1
We are currently monitoring the Air Quality Health Index and have shared the following statement with coaches involved in the tournament.
The tournament will continue as scheduled.
The AQHI will be monitored according to...
There are currently no tournaments available. Please try again later.