Awards and Scholarships
Unified School Award
The Unified Schools Award is presented annually at the Special Olympics Alberta Awards Luncheon. This award is based on sportsmanship and full-school engagement throughout the school year and at Unified events.
- All team members are given the opportunity to meaningfully contribute to every game/event
- Leadership skills are demonstrated both by teammates and coaches
Full School Engagement:
- Unified Sports teams are supported and celebrated within the school
- School spirit is demonstrated at all games/events
- Unified teams within the school engage in practices leading up to each event
- Opportunities and adaptations are used to create a welcoming atmosphere for any student to get involved
|2018/19||Cold Lake High School|
|2015/16||Lester B. Pearson High School|
Special Olympics Unified Sports Leader in Inclusion Scholarship
Four scholarships will be awarded to students who participate in Unified Sports and demonstrate leadership in creating an inclusive environment in their school. The successful applicants will be selected by a committee made up of ASAA and Special Olympics Alberta representatives.
4x $500.00 scholarships will be distributed geographically as follows:
- 1x Edmonton
- 1x Calgary
- 2x Elsewhere in the province of Alberta
Note: Scholarships may be redistributed at the discretion of the Committee if no eligible or acceptable applications are received from an area noted above.
June 30th at 12:00 midnight. No late applications will be accepted.
Graduating grade 12 students in Alberta who will be attending a post-secondary institution in Canada the September after graduating from high school. Applicants must have participated in at least one Unified Sports event; preference will be given to applicants who have participated in multiple Unified Sports events throughout their high school career. This includes both in-person and virtual Unified Sports events.
More general information about the scholarship, including the application form, can be found at the bottom of this page.
|2020/21||Chiara Raguso||Notre Dame|
|2020/21||Emma Rockwell||Bert Church|
|2020/21||Erin Walker||Cold Lake High School|
|2020/21||Nicholas Morimanno||Archbishop O’Leary|
|2019/20||Danielle Roshko||Archbishop O’Leary|